Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Dhivya’s research interests are cellular signaling and identification of novel molecular targets. She is working on obtaining the mechanistic insights into tyrosine kinases, specifically, WEE1 and ACK1 in immune regulation and cancer development. The study aims to identify and assess WEE1 kinase mediated epigenetic regulation and molecular alterations in prostate cancer. Novel small molecule inhibitors developed to target WEE1 are also assessed for their therapeutic potential as independent drugs for cancer treatment. In addition, ACK1/TNK2 Knock-out mice model is used to assess the functional significance of ACK1 as a immune modulator.
1. Sridaran D, Chouhan S, Mahajan K, Weimholt C, Bhagwat S, Reimers M, Pachynski RK, Seeliger M, Miller TW, Feng FY, Mahajan NP*. Inhibiting ACK1-mediated phosphorylation of C-terminal Src kinase counteracts prostate cancer immune checkpoint blockade resistance. Nature Communications, 2022.
2. Nguyen T, Sridaran D, Chouhan S, Weimholt C, Wilson A, Luo J, Li T, Koomen J, Fang B, Putluri N, Sreekumar A, Feng FY, Mahajan K, and Mahajan NP*. Epigenetic Control of Androgen Production by Histone H2A K130 acetylation. Nature Communications, 2023.
3. Sawant M, Wilson A, Sridaran D, Mahajan K, O’Conor C, Hagemann I, Luo J, Weimholt C, Li T, Roa JC, Wu X, Pandey A, Mahajan NP*. Epigenetic Reprogramming of Cell Cycle Genes by ACK1 Promotes Breast Cancer Resistance to CDK4/6 Inhibitor. Oncogene, 42, pages 2263–2277, 2023.
4. Sridaran D, Bradshaw E, Deselm C, Pachynski R, Mahajan K, Mahajan NP*. Prostate cancer immunotherapy: Improving clinical outcomes with a multi-pronged approach. Cell Reports Medicine, Sept, 2023.
5. Chouhan S, Sridaran D, Weimholt C, Luo J, Li T, Hodgson MC, Santos LN, Sommer SL, Fang B, Koomen JM, Qu C-K, Yart A, Kontaridis MI, Mahajan NP*. SHP2 phosphatase in androgen receptor signaling. Nature Communications, Under revision, 2023.
MSc, VIT University
PhD, Bharathidasan University
Phone: 314 273-7759